Lovely Girl   +  rants

Now that's just rude!

A few months ago when I was searching for a new job, I applied to write development materials for a certain non-profit. I never got so much as a form letter rejection or email, but today I got a fundraising solicitation letter from them. I'm not a wealthy philanthropist, so I'm assuming they got my information off my cover letter, mistaking the words "I would be honored to join your staff and support your vital mission" for "I would be honored to donate $200 and support your vital mission."Yeah, right! I'm a writer, so I donate my talents (time permitting), not my money (what money?). That's like a magazine sending me a letter saying "we regret that your query was not a fit for our publication, but as a consolation prize we'd like to offer you a two-year subscription to Sleazeballs Weekly for the low bargain price of $XX." Some writers claim this has actually happened to them, so you never know...