Lovely Girl   +  money

Freelance Frustration

I've been doing a lot of writing recently for a certain website, but I'm still waiting for a check I invoiced last fall (and content has been live for a while). I've gotten checks from them before, so I know it's legit. However, it's been over a month of pleas (me: "could you check on it again?") and promises (them: "it's in the mail"), but still no check. What do you, my fellow writers, suggest I do? Should I keep pleading? Should I hold off on future assignments until payroll is resolved? Or should I kiss that money goodbye and move onto other projects?

I'm also a little annoyed that my overhead light burned out and the fixture is firmly glued shut, but hopefully a call to my landlord will fix that (or baring that, a trip to Bed, Bath & Beyond for new lamps).