Lovely Girl   +  rants

Domestic Drama

Disclaimer: this post is not writing-related (except that I'm writing it here).As you may remember, I was in the dark (literally) last night as I tried to write. I couldn't get the glass dome off and I knew my landlord wasn't about to rush over to help, so today I bought this lamp at Bed, Bath & Beyond. Later my roommate and I tried to change the burnt out bulb in her room, and just as she removed the last screw, the glass dome nearly hit her on the head before shattering on the rug. This reinforced my conviction that I'd just put $20 to good use.But wait... there's more... I was rearranging furniture and deciding where to place my stylish new lamp when I discovered that my battered secondhand desk from Craig's List wouldn't budge. I removed all the contents, only to realize that last fall when I had tried to super-glue it back together and prolong its life, I had actually super-glued it to the floor. Genius! Ladies and gentlemen, don't try this at home.
As I write this from the overpriced apartment that I fell in love with last summer, I can hear a mouse scratching inside the wall, taunting me for my stupidity, and my lamp smells like its decomposing . I think its time for a drink.UPDATE: When I got home from a friend's birthday celebration later that night, those lightbulbs in my lamp, the ones with the "10-year guarantee," burned out after less than an hour and plunged me into darkness again. What a scam!