Lovely Girl   +  reading

Random Thoughts on CVS

Forty-eight percent of you said the content you enjoy reading most on this blog is my random musings. The rest of you can skip this post.

  • I love CVS coupons. When I get one of those coupons for $4 off a $20 purchase, I will literally scour the aisles and fill up with my basket with $20.01 worth of drug store lipstick and Post-It Notes. Or if it’s $2 off of toilet paper or vitamins, I’ll stock up on those. But it’s OK, because someday I will get another $4 in Extra Bucks.
  • Sometimes, though, I get coupons for diapers or baby wipes. And supposedly, this is because someone in marketing has been analyzing my purchases and strategizing to get me to buy more. What about a person who buys lipstick and toilet paper says “I have a child”? Maybe they should give me a coupon for $1 off e.p.t... Because I’m starting to wonder.
  • Yesterday I went into CVS to get Dr. Scholl’s gel inserts to go inside a pair of new shoes (I’d bought them cheaply because they were cute and now I had to pay another $12 to make them wearable). Whose idea was it to put shoe supplies and foot care products on opposite ends of the store? They must get a sick thrill from watching me hobble around in confusion. In case you ever need to know, Dr. Scholl’s is a foot care product, not a shoe supply.