Lovely Girl   +  writer's conferences

Open Thread: Making Conferences Count

Tomorrow morning, I leave for the ASJA conference in New York City. I've attended a smaller writer's conference before (namely the Freelance Success conference in 2008), but I'm really excited to start networking and soaking up tons of useful information. I've already blogged about do's and don'ts of writer's conferences, but I'd love to get your insights on this topic.

  • What writer's conferences have you attended in the past? What was the most useful part? Would you spend the time and money again in the future?
  • Also, what strategies do you employ for writer's conferences? Do you drag a laptop or go old-school with pen and paper? And do you strategize in advance or wait to see who else is there and what sessions look most interesting?

I can't wait to read the collective wisdom of my fellow writers, and I'll be sure to report back on conference highlights.