Lovely Girl   +  success

Five MORE Ways to Promote Your Blog

Some of your remember the post Five Ways to Promote Your Blog . Well, those were good to start, but I've been thinking of the other strategies bloggers use to drive traffic, and voila, this post was born. Enjoy!1. Start a meme. I used to think memes were the blog equivalent to chain emails (which I outgrew around the time I outgrew skorts , circa 1998), but it's actually a smart strategy to build reciprocal links. Create one that is appropriate to your niche and start spreading the word. Everyone experiences blog block from time to time, so a meme can jumpstart a blogger's creativity, too.2. Take it offline. Bloggers usually think in terms of internet marketing, but don't underestimate other avenues. If I'm at a networking event for writers or marketers, I'll mention my blog and ask if others are blogging. I decided not to include the blog on my business card (my website is more professional so I want that to be an editor or client's first impression), but you certainly could.3. Join a blog carnival. These collections of blog posts are a great way to attract new readers who might not know about your blog. Here's an example , and here's where to find more.4. Post interviews. Interviewing influential people in your niche is a great way to up your reader appeal and give exposure to others in your field. Not only will you be more google -able, but you may earn a link on your interviewee's website or blog, too.5. Do something different. Come up with an unusual gimmick and others will come out of curiosity. Jeremy David created a stir a few weeks ago by asking successful writers to teach him how to write. He may not have gotten their unconditional support, but sure he got site traffic! Maybe you'll start a contest like Kristen King did or post video of your cat tap dancing on a pizza box (if only I had that video digitally - it's hilarious!).As always, feel free to add your marketing or blogging ideas below.