Lovely Girl   +  open thread

Open Thread: What Was Your First Clip?

Now that I've tied up Guest Blogger Month, I'd like introduce a new weekly ritual: open threads. Admittedly, I stole this idea from Freelance Folder, but I think it will be a chance to continue the conversation we started in February and also give me a sense of my reader's interests and experiences.

Each Wednesday I'll post a new question and ask readers to respond in the comments. This week's question is about writers' first clips. I'll start...

I published a few essays and reviews during my teens, but my first paid clip was an article in a magazine aimed at helping college students build good credit and stick to a budget (I was in college at the time). One article turned into ten, and until recently, I was still churning out copy for the magazine. My first big clip was an essay in The Boston Globe, but I still have hard copies of that first piece about buying gifts on a budget.

Now it's your turn. What was your first clip? How did it make you feel? Do you still get giddy when you see you name in print (or in pixels)?