Lovely Girl   +  open thread

Open Thread: What's Your Wackiest Writing Project?

In the quest to earn a living, many freelance writers take on projects outside the regular magazine or copywriting routine. Some of those projects are downright weird or wacky. The first summer I freelanced full time, I landed a gig helping people write and polish their online dating profiles. My then boyfriend (whom I'd met online) thought it was the coolest gig ever, because he pictured me helping shy ESL types come out of their shell and find love. In reality, a lot of my clients just didn't have the time or patience to write their profiles themselves. Or they were too picky to date the people who responded to their current profile, so they wanted me to wave my magic pen and somehow attract people twenty years younger. All that for $15 a pop (the company took a nice chunk of what they charged users). Eventually, I moved on from that gig, but I'm pretty sure it's my most unusual project to date.What about you? Which writing project(s) stands out as your most unusual? Do tell! Flickr image courtesy of kevygee