Lovely Girl   +  secret

Not another LiveJournal!

While all my high school friends poured out their secret crushes and petty rivalries on livejournal, I swore I would never be that self-indulgent or self-absorbed. Who'd want to read about all the minutiae of my suburban adolescence in diary form? Heck, I planned to wait until I hit middle-age and compile all that stuff into a best-selling memoir. But it appears that blogging is the new frontier for journalism, and I have finally succumbed to its allure.

My parents' annual Christmas letter proclaims for all my neighbors, relatives, and former piano teachers to read that I hope to break into mass media markets in 2007. Well, it doesn't get more mass market than the internet, but ultimately I have my sights set elsewhere. Perhaps the Times or the Globe or at least the Improper. Don't laugh, all those publications do publish freelancers, and I intend to join their ranks one day!

So, if you'd like to read the musings and struggles of a recent grad and an up-and-coming writer, you've come to the right place. Just don't expect me to reveal any grade school crushes or adolescent rivals (gotta save something for those memoirs).