Lovely Girl   +  network

Weekend Networking

As writers, it's easy for us to become so focused on the words that we forget how important relationships are. Not just with editors, but with other writers and also potential clients. This week I've had several networking opportunities fall into my lap before I even realized it was happening (similar to the way certain guys are oblivious to signals from women until their buddies nudge them out of their sports-induced stupor). Luckily, I managed to put on my game face before the moment passed me by. In fact, today I have two networking calls before noon. Not bad for a Sunday!

Here's an easy way to network and share info that I just discovered (I know, I'm a little behind the times for a Gen Yer). I recently set up a del.icio.us account for my interns since they have to play musical computers. After clicking around, I realized that organizing my bookmarks on del.icio.us is way easier than organizing my favorited sites on my laptop. THEN I thought... why not share the wealth with other writers? So, I'm sharing the link to my (growing) collection of writers' guidelines. If you'd like to set up your account and join my network, I'd love that. If not, maybe you'll discover a new market or two.