Lovely Girl   +  Tips & Tricks

Trading My Pen for a Podium

Some of you may remember my fascination with a little show called Mortified . Well, friends, get ready, because in a few weeks I’m reading some of my masterpieces from middle and high school. When I met with the director last week to finalize my material, she told me that my journal entries are some of THE most mortifying in the show. Not sure if I should be flattered by that, but I sort of am.
Here’s a sneak peak circa 2000: “Wondering how it to get him to ask out me out this weekend without making a blunt, direct statement that would expose me as the obsessive, love-starved, angst-ridden loser that I am.” Ah, the eternal question… Anyway, here’s a questions for all of you: any tips on reading your work in public? I’ve done lots of theatre, but there’s something about reading your own work in public that is even more revealing than playing a role. Maybe it’ll make a good article!