Lovely Girl   +  success

Open Thread: Walking Away from Projects

It's great when you reach a point in your freelancing career where people come to you with work. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean that you have to take it, and that was the case with me a couple of weeks ago. Someone asked me to blog for his site, but the monthly retainer was a bit lower than I'd expected for the number of posts required. There's something to be said for steady work, of course, but I'd dropped a blogging gig earlier this summer that paid comparably, so I suspected I'd soon grow to resent this low paying gig, too. I tried unsuccessfully to negotiate for more money, but ultimately I decided to decline. And I haven't regretted it for a second.

What about you? Have you walked away from a paying project? How did you feel afterwards?