Lovely Girl   +  special

Open Thread: What's Your Ultimate Freelance Goal?

Inspired by Thursday Bram's recent post on FreelanceSwitch, which explored next steps in a freelance career, I wanted to broach the topic here. Fellow freelancers, do you see yourself freelancing for the rest of your career? Do you ultimately hope to open a creative agency? Retire to some sunny, exotic locale? Or eventually reenter the work world once the economy rebounds? I'm curious.

Some people assume that freelancing is a temporary thing for me (especially with so many pink slips going around these days). However, I have no intention of going back to an office unless I were making major bank and working for a company I absolutely adore. It would have to be a pretty sweet gig to lure me away from my freelance life. My hope is to continue freelancing, find bigger and better paying clients, and eventually land a book deal. And although it's kind of anti-feminist in some circles to admit this, motherhood is important to me, too. And the freelance life seems more conducive to that than the alternative. So I'm sticking with freelancing, at least for the foreseeable future.
Leave a comment and let us know about your future plans. Do they include freelancing? Or another form of self-employment?