Lovely Girl   +  success

The Waiting Game

"You must keep sending work out; you must never let a manuscript do nothing but eat its head off in a drawer. You send that work out again and again, while you're working on another one. If you have talent, you will receive some measure of success - but only if you persist."
~Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)To my fellow Query Challengers who have sent their manuscripts and query letters out into the worlds and are eagerly awaiting word from their editors, check out this post from Diapers to Deadlines discussing response times. I know for me waiting to hear from an editor can feel like waiting for a guy to call after a really good first date. The waiting and wondering can be excruciating! (And yes, I've tried calling them, but I don't always like the answer, so sometimes its better to just assume they "lost my number." See "Maybe they're 'just not that into' me" post.) Actually, this week has been pretty darn good. I have four new assignments; however, two of them are from editors I've worked with in the past, so I was reasonably sure they would bite. Anyone else have good news they'd like to share?