Lovely Girl   +  weddings

The M-Word, Part 2

Those of who are already married can skip this post. It's not that I'm against weddings or marriage, but sometimes an unmarried gal just needs to get thing or two off her chest...
Some of you may remember my mini-meltdown earlier in the month when a friend from high school tied the knot (ok, meltdown is a tad melodramatic, more like quarterlife angst). Well, there's another wedding in February. It's in the Midwest, so I won't be attending, but the idea of my high school friends settling down already is a little... unsettling. I have enough trouble choosing a pair of shoes (and those are returnable): how am I supposed to make a commitment "til death do us part"? But at least I can take solace in these amusing little articles:

  • Singled Out (check out Tango magazine, I'm hoping to pitch them later this year)
  • Always a Bridesmaid (I love this blog about budgeting for young women - very smart advice!)