Lovely Girl   +  LIFE

Another Good Day

Today I awoke to an email from an editor wanting me to turn around a new article in ten days. I had to turn it down so I could finish other projects, but then this evening I heard from another editor with a different request that I quickly snatched up. It's nice to know that all that relationship-building I learned in my college PR classes is paying off. Rather than endlessly pitching, I'm being pitched to. And it's a refreshing change, although I know I still have a lot of queries ahead of me.I also discovered a new favorite blog by googling myself (yes, it's a verb now, deal with it). Beth in Ireland gave me a shout-out in her blog called Shenanigans. American girl meets Irish boy and moves to Dublin to become a writer... I must say, I'm very intriqued. (Unfortunately, that never happened to me when I studied in London, but my roommate has a similar love story unfolding across the pond very soon, and I hope she keeps her promise to start a blog of her own.) I also thought her article on Creating a Unique Workspace was pretty interesting. Personally, I just discovered See Jane Work, which has some very cute office supplies.