Lovely Girl   +  musings on writing

Would a blog by any other name... ?

I admit it, I'm a perfectionist. My roommate has been hearing about this mysterious blog for a few weeks now, but I've refused to actually share the url with anyone (OK, except my mother) until I had the concept fully developed. Being in marketing, I wanted to create a brand that would reflect my creative, multi-faceted personality. I wanted to find a name that people would remember without having to scroll through all their favorite places (I am on your favorite places, right?).Thus The Urban Muse was born. Well, sort of. Technically, this is the blog formally known as Tales of an Urban Redhead. And before that it was Musings of an Urban Redhead. And for a few (very brief) moments it was Musings on the Green Line. But then I thought, what if I moved to Cambridge or (God forbid) Cleveland someday? I'd already have to change my mailing address, did I want to deal with changing my blog address, too? I decided it was best to leave things geographically ambiguous. (Sad but true - I also deliberated this long over the AIM screenname that I've since outgrown. In college, choosing a cool sn seemed almost as important as choosing the right courses so I could graduate.) I think it's safe to say that I will be in some urban area for the foreseeable future, so there you have it.