Lovely Girl   +  writing

Ready for My Closeup

Before I publish the obligatory "Happy Holidays" post and call it a year (don't worry, it'll be a good end-of-year post, I promise), I just had to share this. My photographer friend Rachel suggested we get together to update my headshots, and I think she did an excellent job of putting me at ease and making me look creative and writerly (I'll be the first to admit I'm not the most photogenic person on the planet).

I don't think that every writer's website needs professionally shot photos, but it certainly helps to create a professional image and put a human face on your writing so editors/client get a sense of the person they're hiring.

I'm choosing three new photos for my website and random contributor bios, so check out the photo slideshow and weigh in with your faves. And if you're in the market for a wedding photographer or some family photos, then give Rachel a ring.