Lovely Girl   +  Tips & Tricks

8 Most Popular Posts of 2008

As 2008 draws to a close, I want to thank all of my readers for sharing their insights and supporting this blog. This has been a tumultuous year of ups and downs for many of us.

For me personally, 2008 was the year I transitioned into full time freelancing and the year my father passed away. I'm optimistic that 2009 will offer positive new directions both personally and professionally, and I hope that it brings the same for all my readers.

In case you've recently discovered the blog or if you might have missed a few posts over the past year, here's a recap of some of the 2008's most popular posts in chronological order:

5 Tell Tale Signs of a Bad Editor: My readers and I are nothing if not opinionated. Read some of our pet peeves about working with editors, then check out 5 signs of great editors as a counterpoint.

Letter to My Dell Inspiron 1200: Our love wasn't meant to last, and in this bittersweet blog post, I explained why. But the good news is I now have a nicer, faster, prettier laptop.

Big News (not involving a ring): In which I announced my plans to freelance full time and chronicled the range of reactions from friends, coworkers, and family members.

Are You a Writer or a Journalist?: A lively discussion about the subtle semantic differences between being a writer or a journalist.

Computer Essentials: Readers weighed in on whether I should buy a BlackBerry, and I succumbed to the peer pressure a few weeks later. Note: the laptop cooling station hasn't been as essential as I'd thought, but I can honestly say that Skype has been a great cost-cutter for me.

10 Tips for New Bloggers: If you're considering joining the blogosphere in 2009, then read this post for ways to boost your readership and maintain momentum.

Why Should Writers Blog?: The single most commented post this year discusses the value of blogging, even when you're not getting paid.

Creative Ways for Writers to Earn Extra Cash: Be sure to read the comments, too, as several readers wrote in with money-making suggestions of their own.

Happy New Year!

Flickr photo courtesy of Moonberry