Lovely Girl   +  writing for the web

Suddenly I (don't) See

Today I had a consultation for Lasik eye surgery. Everything looks normal for the procedure, but after they dilated my eyes and subjected me to a variety of bright, multi-colored lights and small black letters, I have temporary double vision. So if this post has major typos, blame my surgeon, not ME! My mother is probably reading this laughing and wondering if I will insist on having my laptop by my bedside during the recovery period. Answer: yes!

Moving on... Writer's Digest recently announced their best writer's websites for 2007. It's worth checking out the finalists, because they have some sharp web copy, creative concepts, and unusual (but functional) navigation. It's also worth noting that most of them were self-designed, not farmed out to a super-flashy and expensive graphic design firm (in fact, none of them even use the program Flash). See? You don't have to shell out the big bucks for a cool website.