Lovely Girl   +  writing

Times like this...

I wish I were a full-time freelancer. Now that I'm moved into the new digs, Mom and I went furniture shopping today. I sold my desk before I left my old apartment and I've been looking forward to choosing something newer and more functional where I can do all my writing/surfing/online shopping/emailing.Well, today we found The Desk. Its compact, has tons of storage, AND it's in my price range. The catch is that it's only available through delivery and they only deliver on weekdays between 9 and 5 (they can't give me a window, so I'll have to set aside the whole day, natch).OK, I thought, it's worth taking a vacation day so that I can get my apartment set up the way I want it. But then I realized that over the next several weeks I don't have any open days that I could take off. I'd have to skip the company retreat or reschedule interviews or miss deadlines so I could sit around and wait for some delivery person who may or may not appear on the appointed day.How are people with jobs supposed to get anything done? I'll just have to put off getting a desk until I have a free day, because frankly, Mom doesn't want to spend the day at my apartment any more than I would want her poking around my pantry unchaperoned.