Lovely Girl   +  LIFE

There's a Fine, Fine Line*

There's a certain editor that I've been working with on an essay. I sent him a first draft and after sitting on it for a few months, he told me it was too strongly worded. I think some of my best work is very strongly worded (in fact, I won an award for a scathing editorial I wrote in high school, I would link to it, but it doesn't exist anymore), and I think my perspective was/is totally valid.Still, he's the editor and he wouldn't publish it in its original form, so I sat down to rewrite the essay. I think version 2.0 might be even better because it's less raw emotion and more justified indignation. Yesterday, I called the editor to see if he agreed with me. Turns out he misses some of the "vinegar" as he calls it. I hope that the third time is a charm, because I don't know how many more rewrites he'll give me before he just gives up!!In other news, Wednesday is traditionally when I would post an interview with a fellow writer. Life has gotten a little hectic for me to find and interview someone every single week, so I'm cutting back to every other week. If you're a book publicist now would be a good time to pitch me, since I've gotten through my backlog and I'd love suggestions for other writers to interview!
*post title borrowed from the title of my favorite song from Avenue Q .