Lovely Girl   +  writing

Getting Settled

Focusing on writing has been a challenge this week. We don’t have internet in my apartment yet, but that has actually been kind of a blessing. It’s forced me to explore my new neighborhood and try out all the coffeeshops and other hang outs that offer wifi (not so good for my waistline that I’m also forced to order pastries and Italian sodas at each location). It’s also eliminated most of the mindless web surfing that tends to happen between 9pm and midnight. I’ve gotten pretty savvy about maximizing my internet time: copying articles and emails into a Word doc so I can read or respond later and making lists of everything I have to Google.
I’ve also managed remarkably well without a desk. Last night I was jogging and ruminating about the recent desk drama when I saw the perfect desk in a store window. Today I went back and nabbed the very last one in stock. My little brother (being the coolest college junior on the planet and an All Around Awesome Guy) drove over to pick up me and the desk and lug the pieces up the stairs. We haven’t actually assembled it, but seeing all the pieces neatly stacked in the corner gives me a sense of peace. *Sighs contentedly* This blog should return to your regularly scheduled programming any day now…