Lovely Girl   +  writer's conferences

So Many Conferences, So Little Time...

After hearing glowing reports about BlogHer from Alyssa, Kristen, and Helen (not to mention Kara Jessella's coverage in the NY Times), I sort of wish I had caughed up the cash and headed to San Francisco a few weeks ago. It was on my list, but things got a little chaotic when I left my day job to focus on freelancing. Hopefully I'll make it to BlogHer's regional event near Boston this fall, and I'm already registered for the Freelance Success Conference in October.

But here's a question to ponder over the weekend... What do you look for when you're registering for a conference? How do you know it will be worthwhile? If you could plan your dream conference (choosing the speakers, the topic, the location, etc.), what would it be?