Lovely Girl   +  musings on life

A Lesson in International Diplomacy

This summer my two roommates departed for India and Japan while I held down the homefront. A few weeks ago, the one in India announced that she was moving out at the end of August. I waited for the other roommate to return from Japan so we could post on Craig's List and host an open house.

We found someone who seems like a great roommate prospect, but the catch is that she's in Greece until early September. I've had roommates in the past who have been apartment hunting long-distance, so this didn't seem like a huge hurdle.

Until this week.

Between the emails to India and Greece and to my landlord trying to iron out the details, I'm starting to feel like I need an escape to somewhere sunny and exotic. Somewhere they don't use the terms "security deposit" or "rental agreement" or "could you tell so-and-so that I need her to... " I hear Mars is lovely this time of year...