Lovely Girl   +  technology

Computer Essentials

I think my boyfriend's love of tech toys is rubbing off on me. Last weekend I agreed to help him pick out furniture for his new apartment, but somehow I ended up parting with more money than he did! The man cannot commit to patio furniture, but he gets a vicarious thrill out of watching other people spend money. Still, I think my purchases will come in handy.
Purchase #1: a headset so I can conduct phone interviews via Skype instead of eating up all my cell phone minutes. There's a reason I don't have a landline, but it's a long story involving roommates and a trip to India... In any case, I'm sure that using a headset is better for my neck than cradling my cell phone on my shoulder as I type like a madwoman.
Purchase #2: a motorized laptop cooling station. My laptop seems to generate enough heat to keep a small Russian village warm for the winter. Not what I need in Boston in July when I'm too cheap to turn on the AC. Hopefully this will help.
Potential Purchase: a BlackBerry. Still debating the pros and cons of this one. Right now I have a very basic cell phone, but I'm eligible for an upgrade and mobile email access is tempting. Any insights?