Lovely Girl   +  writing

Summer Slump

Is it just me or are all the editors on vacation right now? It's been pretty slow around here, but thankfully I've been able to drum up some assignments from editors I've worked with in the past (yay for building relationships). I also took some time to re-evaluate my website .I built it several months ago when I was searching for a new full-time copywriting gig, so it had to serve both prospective employers and freelance clients. Now all that vague, open-ended language (wouldn't want either party to think I'm cheating on them with freelance magazine work or a full-time marketing job!) needed to go. Plus, I took down some of my old clips and reorganized the existing ones. Those are small changes, but I think they'll make a big impact (we hope). The Renegade Writer has more ideas for dealing with slow periods .