Lovely Girl   +  writing in Boston

Best Places to Write in Boston

Working from home is grand and all, but sometimes you just need to get out of the house and be around people. Over the last several weeks, I've conducted field research at several of Boston/Cambridge's coffeeshops, cafes, and libraries to find the most optimal locations for writing. Now, I realize that many of you live elsewhere, but in case you're ever in the area, you will already know where to go.

I chose ten locations based on: a) the availability of wireless internet and seating during the day, b) the willingness of staff to allow patrons to linger after they've finished their sandwich or drink (not buying anything would just be tacky) and c) the creativity of the environment (does it make me want to write? or do I want to finish my latte and find the nearest exit as quickly as possible?). Check out my list of 10 Freelance Havens in Boston, courtesy of Yelp.com.

What do you look for when you're testing out a new writing spot? Where do you work best?